Soar Like A Bird
Did you ever wonder what it would be like to fly in a sailplane? If words such as "freedom", "solitude", and "quiet" come to mind, you would be right!
Soaring or gliding is a form of recreational flight using motorless aircraft. A glider is launched by towing it with a powered airplane. The glider pilot then releases at altitude and searches for atmospheric lift to stay aloft.
If you think that this sounds like fun, then you're right. Our members fly throughout the spring, summer, and fall whenever the weekend weather allows. Many visitors come to see us, watch the pilots, and maybe even come on up in one of our 2-seat gliders for an Introductory Flight.
Let one of our experienced pilots take you for an unforgettable silent flight over the Alberta landscape. This is an electronic voucher you can redeem for yourself or give as a gift.
Three flights at a discounted rate. If all three are flown by one person, they get a $100 credit toward a full membership in the same season. This is an electronic voucher you can redeem for you, your friends and family, or give as a gift.
The club is considering offering aerobatic flights. It's just like riding a crazy roller coaster, just on a way bigger track and thousands of feet up in the air. Stay tuned for more details.
- We operate Saturdays and Sundays from early May to Mid-October. If the weather is good and the wind is below 25km/h, we are likely flying. To verify before coming out, call us at the field 780-363-3860 toll-free from Edmonton and area
- We do not pre-book flights, so you simply need to come out to the field when we are flying and sign up. The queue at the field is first come, first served. The best time to get your name on the list is between 11:00 AM & Noon. Later in the day it can get busy and though we'll do our best, we may not be able to fit you in
- Weight limitation is 220 lb. Flight duration is about 20-30 minutes depending on weather
- We will need you to sign a waiver of liability at the field before your flight
- Besides purchasing flights here on the website, you can purchase them in person at the club by cash, Interac, Visa and Mastercard
- Bring sunscreen, mosquito repellent, a hat and jacket along with a folding chair. It tends to be cooler and windier out here than in the city. There are restaurants in nearby towns but not at the airfield itself, so don't forget to bring water and lunch. You can use the club kitchen if you'd like
- Wear loose casual clothes (jeans or shorts are welcome) with runners or shoes. Open toes are discouraged
- Pets are welcome but must be leashed. Please bring a water dish for them
- All types of cameras, from SLR to GoPro style, are welcome